Town Clock Church - New Albany, IN
From Wikipedia: The Town Clock Church, now the Second Baptist Church of New Albany, Indiana, is a historic church located at 300 East Main Street, within the New Albany Downtown Historic District. It was constructed in 1852 as Second Presbyterian Church, in what was then the largest city in Indiana. It is near the Ohio River, across the border from Louisville, Kentucky. It was a station on the Underground Railroad. The church is brick, and is constructed in the Greek Revival style of architecture. It previously had a 160-foot high clock tower that could be seen by boat crews on the Ohio River. However, the tower has been shortened. The first phase of reconstruction is underway which will include a new steeple and clock faces. When reconstruction is complete, the tower will once again be 160 feet tall. Here is a story of the new steeple getting its new steeple in 2016: <a href="http://www.newsandtribune.com/news/floyd_county/after-years-new-albany-s-second-baptist-church-gets-new/article_8f3f6e2e-2398-11e6-a232-5f99a736b7fb.html" rel="nofollow">www.newsandtribune.com/news/floyd_county/after-years-new-...</a>

details

exif

MakeCanon
ModelCanon EOS 50D
Exposure0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperturef/18.0
ISO Speed320
FlashOff, Did not fire

comments

October 24, 2017